Street and Urban photography from all over Europe by Ton Mestrom

Sunday, December 20, 2009


The last few days have not been a good time to do some street shooting. While snow has become quite a rarity in the Netherlands we are now right in the middle of a "blizzard", at least to Dutch criteria. So with the roads as good as undrivable, public transport severely compromised and a nationwide wheather alert there is hardly anyone outside so apart from walking the dogs, which is actually quite a bit of fun, there is not a lot of opportunity to do any shooting in the middle of continuing snowdrifts. If it goes on through the night getting to work in the morning could prove next to impossible. Still, I remember these days from my childhood and it brings back a lot of good memories.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Shot Ton! Still waiting for any significant snowfall here in Michigan. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot, Ton. I hope he has his winter tyres on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim how appropiate it is to find you here as well since you were one of the very first to pick on me when I started out on PN. I appreciate it, a lot. thanks. Hope you get your wish for a White christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jeff. I wouldn't be too sure. The guy was all over the place. Slippery as hell but great to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ton, this is one of your best B&Ws, IMHO. I love the comp and the processing! Excellent. I hope all is well with you and yours (and the dogs). Cheers! Chris

    ReplyDelete